Beyond Words is looking for a freelance project manager to join our studio and help us create stunning data visualizations and digital projects.
As a freelance Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery and smooth running of Beyond Words projects. Ensuring the studio processes and systems are utilised to enable projects to be delivered on time, to scope and within budget, whilst maintaining our incredibly high-quality standards.
You’ll be working with passionate and talented people to deliver a broad range of communication pieces, including interactive webpages, data tools, animations, and static designs.
You will ensure relevant client and project paperwork (e.g. briefs, SOWs and project plans) are completed, as well as ensuring internal team time and expenses are tracked.
You will also be the key point of contact for clients, making sure they are looked after, informed at all times, and that the overall project direction is being upheld.
The right candidate will:
- Be open-minded, highly motivated and passionate about people and technology
- Commercially minded and results driven
- Be eager to learn and develop skills
- Have a clear focus on the highest quality work
- Have a passion and talent for creative problem solving
- Have great communication skills and thrive when working within teams
- Be patient and flexible
How much do my tissues and organs weigh?
Total Healthy days lost that year from diseases shown121
Skills and qualities we’re after
- Experience of organising and managing a wide range of creative digital projects
- Knowledge and experience of Agile project management methods and tools would be beneficial
- Experience working with and organising multidisciplinary teams of developers, designers, copywriters etc
- Proficient at scoping, budgeting and planning projects
- Proven experience of running several concurrent projects and delivering on time and to budget
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Very high degree of internet and computer literacy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to have an ‘all hands on deck’ approach when needed
- An understanding of, or interest in, the data visualization/information design industry would be beneficial
- Day rate: TBC
- Timing: Starting around 1 August 2022, for around 6 weeks (holiday cover)
- Location: Beyond Words Shoreditch studio and remote (hybrid mix)
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 15 July 2022
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we are committed to making long-term meaningful change. A diverse workforce makes us better able to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone.
About Beyond Words Studio
Beyond Words is one of the world’s most forward-thinking data visualization studios. We’re passionate about helping people understand data by creating compelling stories and data visualizations.
Based in East London, we’re a multi-disciplinary team of designers, journalists, analysts and developers. We create data-driven visual stories and experiences exploring vital topics as varied as health, technology and culture. We do this for world-changing clients such as the World Health Organization, Netflix, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Visa and the World Bank.