We’re looking for a full-time designer who loves data visualization and has a sharp eye for design.
Does that sound like you? Read on...
What the role involves
We’re looking for a full-time, highly creative all-round designer with at least two years’ industry experience who would love to join our super-friendly studio in East London.
This role requires a creative problem-solver who is passionate about both design and data. The right candidate will be driven to create inspiring design solutions and visual stories, while also being self-motivated, adaptable and organised.
You might not be a data viz specialist, but you will have previous data visualization project experience to show us. You’ll understand editorial hierarchy and have a solid grounding in digital design, typography and layout. An extra bonus would be interactive or motion-graphic experience.
- Working full-time in our East London studio
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Creating moodboards for initial project inspiration which explore colour, style and type routes
- Sketching and schematising data
- Choosing the right visualization device for the right data set
- Feeling confident with presenting considered design ideas
- Artworking, fine-tuning and meticulous attention to detail
How much do my tissues and organs weight?
Total Healthy days lost that year from diseases shown121
Qualities we’re after
- You’ll need to be London-based and legally able to work in the UK
- 2 years+ experience
- Fluency in Sketch, InVision, InDesign and Illustrator is essential
- Knowledge of R Studio or Python, After Effects and PowerPoint is desirable
- Illustration skills
- Unfailing enthusiasm for data visualization
- Strong design taste and an ability to justify design choices
- Incredible attention to detail
- Genuine desire to learn and grow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Responsive to feedback and creative direction
- Comfortable and creative when working under pressure
- Ability to work speedily on drafts and not get too attached to work
- Enjoys working both as part of a team and autonomously
- A portfolio that demonstrates working on client projects across a diverse range of projects/media
- Competitive salary
- Yearly bonus
- Pension scheme
- Training budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular studio social events
ApplyIf you wish to apply, please email portfolio and / or links to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 13th March
About Beyond Words Studio
Beyond Words is one of the world’s leading data visualization studios. Based in East London, we’re a multi-disciplinary team of designers, journalists, analysts and developers.
We create data-driven visual stories and experiences exploring vital topics as varied as health, technology, money, work and culture. We do this for world-changing clients such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, WHO, United Nations, Visa and the BBC.